Oil and gas … In the oil and gas industry, hydrocarbons present a serious risk of explosion, and toxic gases such as hydrogen sulfide are often present.
This segment includes a wide range of activities from onshore and offshore oil and gas exploration and production to its transportation and storage. In every important part of this system there is a need to detect the presence of hazardous gases and their analytics, starting from the wells themselves, through the transmission system and MRS, to gas storage and distribution network (gasworks and installations in residential areas).
- Oil drilling and extraction platforms
- Production platforms
- Onshore oil and gas terminals
- LPG warehouses
- Hydrocarbon detection flanges and seals
- Catalytic cracking process control
- Crowded spaces
- Ventilation systems
- Unloading units
- Flammable: Various hydrocarbons including Methane, Ethylene, Kerosene, Propane
- Toxic: Hydrogen sulfide, Carbon monoxide, Sulfur dioxide
- Oxygen: Oxygen deficiency